Light is a lot like food.
Just like whole food can be broken down into different vitamins and minerals, sunlight can be broken down into different colors. And just like the nutrients in whole food, each color in sunlight has its own effect on our bodies.
The wavelengths of visible light are tiny, ranging from 400 to 700 billionths of a meter, or 400-700 nanometers (nm). The wavelength of light defines the color as we see it. And each color has its own unique properties and penetrates your body in different ways.
So how does red light therapy work?
Once absorbed into your body, light energy is converted into cellular energy, which kicks of a series of metabolic events like the formation of new capillaries, elevated production of collagen, and the release of ATP.
Red light therapy has been approved by the FDA and its effectiveness has been studied throughout the world. Red light in the mid-600 nm range, and near infrared light in the mid-800 nm range have been proven time and time again - which is why we designed the Joovv Light to emit wavelengths in those ranges.
Why LED light therapy is different.
LEDs allow for more usable light because of their tight wavelength span. They generate very little heat and are incredibly durable. And because they're so efficient, LEDs are considered more eco-friendly than incandescent or fluorescent sources. Without a doubt, LEDs are the preferred delivery mechanism for light therapy.
The many benefits of red light therapy.
There are so many proven benefits that it's hard to list them all. But here are just a few. Red light therapy:
- Repairs sun damage
- Reduces wrinkles
- Heals acne and other blemishes
- Fades scars and stretch marks
- Speeds wound healing
- Reduces joint inflammation
Need we say more? I think you get the point. Red light therapy really works!
Want to know more?
We're constantly adding valuable information about light therapy through our blog. Admittedly, it's a little nerdy. But we're passionate about light therapy and we want you to experience its amazing benefits in the comfort of your own home. For starters, we recommend reading the following articles:
- The definitive guide to choosing a red light therapy device
- Does red light therapy really work?
- How does red light therapy work?
- Red and near infrared light therapy for muscle recovery and athletic performance
- The remarkable benefits of red light therapy for weight loss and fat reduction
- The promising evidence of red light therapy for increasing testosterone
- Enhance the health of your thyroid gland with red and near infrared light therapy
- Red and near infrared light proven to reduce joint pain and alleviate arthritis
Head on over to our blog and check it out. Or better yet, subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates.