In her signature straight-talking style, Melissa teaches women how to master their inner Mean Girl, smash through limiting beliefs, and ditch the self-doubt so they can start living the life of their dreams.
Named a 'self-help guru' by Elle Magazine, her mission is to inspire women across the globe to create a heart-centred life that’s wildly wealthy, fabulously healthy, and bursting with love. Sounds awesome, right?!
As you can imagine, we were honored when Melissa agreed to participate in a Joovv AMA. So without further ado, here are her answers to your questions…
I've struggled with my metabolism for years. What is the most important piece of advice you could give someone like me that is trying to heal their metabolism?
Listen to my podcast episode with Daniel Vitalis. ;)
Bestselling author, motivational speaker and podcaster. It's incredible how much you're able to get done! If you had to recommend 2 productivity tips, what would they be?
1) Get Digital.
I love pretty diaries and using coloured pens and highlighters, but in this fast-paced world we live in, we need to adapt quickly and handwritten diaries can start to look overwhelming with white-out over white-out, scribbles everywhere, things crossed out, and time changes all over the place. Mine began to look like my 4-year-old nephew had taken to it! So much so that when I looked at it, I felt overwhelmed and stressed out.
Your calendar doesn’t have to make you feel like that. When you look at your calendar, you should feel excited and joyful. That’s my goal anyway. So get digital. Use the free calendar that comes with your smartphone and sync it to your computer. That way, you can share your calendar with your team or family and everyone knows what’s going on and when. I know it’s nice to write things down, but save that for your journal. Instead, get with the times and get digital. It will save you loads of stress and overwhelm.
2) Close Down Email And Schedule In Email Hours.
Email-induced stress is real, and it’s backed up by science. One recent study found that constant inbox-wrangling caused workers to experience raised cortisol, increased blood pressure, elevated heart rate — all massive indicators of stress, and all of which can trigger a cascade of other problems in the body (insomnia, gut issues, skin problems, weight gain… need I go on?!). I know this to be true in my own life. The times I leave my email inbox open all day are the days I feel overwhelmed and stressed. Conversely, when I’m strict about only doing 2 specific blocks of emails per day (usually one at 10am and one at 3pm), I’m so much more productive and I don’t feel like a stressed-out slave to my inbox. So, lock in your email hours in your calendar and do not check them any other time. Not only will your productivity skyrocket, but your cortisol levels will decrease. When in doubt, remember this: responding to email is one of those things that makes you feel like you're achieving something without actually moving you toward your goals and dreams. Sure, you might be ticking some minor stuff off your list, but is it super urgent and important? Are your projects more important? Are you achieving what you want? Are you reaching your goals by responding to other people's emails that most likely can wait? All questions to ponder...
Have you used red light therapy? If so, what type of results did you experience?
I have, and so far I am loving it. My skin feels plump and has an extra glow to it.
Your story is incredible. And now, it seems like you're able to conquer everything with ease. But it wasn't always like that. If you had to go back in time to that girl laying in the hospital bed, what one thing would you tell her?
I have 29 things (I hope you don’t mind) I would tell her about health, wealth, and love in the hope that I could spark some curiosity and plant a seed for her future...
- True wellness starts in the mind. The thoughts you think are more powerful than anything (including the food you eat).
- Daily movement is essential for happiness. The key is to enjoy it or don’t do it at all. Find something you love or find the love in what you are doing.
- Meditation is the best-kept secret on the planet for sanity, relationships, happiness, work, and creativity. Try it!
- In my opinion, every illness and disease starts as blocked energy in the body which needs to be released.
- Your body is your temple! Treat it accordingly.
- Your health must be a priority. Without it, you’ve got nothing.
- The media is really good at selling you loads of toxic products and foods that you don’t really need. Don’t buy into it. Keep it simple, baby!
- You can make money out of following your dreams.
- Money is just energy. Don’t put too much power in it and don’t let it dictate your decisions; let your heart do that.
- You don’t need to go to university, do a master's degree, get five degrees, or come from a rich family to start something that matters and to be ‘successful’ (whatever your definition of success is). All you have to do is find what lights you up and do that. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
- The more you give, the more you get (but don’t give to get).
- Having an abundant mindset is a daily commitment and is imperative in order to experience abundance in all areas of your life.
- Having a good relationship with money is vital.
- Investing is a good idea as long as you have fun with it.
- Anyone can run their own business, all you gotta have is balls.
- Reading, learning, growing, and evolving is what we are here for. Make sure you continue to educate yourself. Just like trees, if you are not growing, you're dying.
- The work you do in the world is your self-love barometer.
- Discover your passions and purpose in life... then live them!
- When you show up with a desire to serve and add value, you become a magnet for money.
- True love starts from within.
- Self-love is a daily commitment and needs to be executed with conviction and fierce passion.
- Self-care must be a priority and at the top of your to-do list.
- Making love with your soul mate is a spiritual experience and will change the biochemistry of your entire body.
- Your soul mate will come when you are bursting with love within yourself first.
- Your relationships are a reflection of you and you are a reflection of the five most prominent people you spend your time with.
- How worthy you feel is reflected in all areas of your life, including your love life.
- Choosing love over fear is essential and it’s a moment-to-moment practice you need to embrace with your whole heart.
- Finding the love in every situation is imperative in order to grow and evolve.
- Choosing to do all things out of love instead of fear will make your life infinitely better.
- Now, I would love to hear from you. What are three things you would tell your 15-year-old self about health, wealth, and love? Share with us in as much detail as possible in the comments below.
What is something you enjoy that most people would be surprised to learn?
Learning about money, investing, finances, balance sheets, profits and loss, stocks, compounding interest, etc.
What person(s) of influence are you closely following right now?
Barefoot Investor. I recently finished reading his book and loved it! I am now going to implement his strategies.
If you could put a billboard anywhere, what would it say and where would you put it?
"Choose LOVE instead of fear!" And I would put it everywhere and anywhere I possibly could.
Thanks for submitting your questions for Melissa! And thanks again to Melissa Ambrosini for being a part of the Joovv AMA family! Also, don't forget to check out Melissa's podcast when you get a chance. I'm a podcast fanboy and hers comes highly recommended!